Guidelines for ABSTRACTS / proposals
New deadline for proposals is May 30, 2013.
Acceptance will be notified by June 30, 2013.
Following acceptance, full papers are due by October 30, 2013 (Please confine papers within 8000 words using the reference pattern of the ISA Journals: Current Sociology / International Sociology).
Later proposal submissions will continue to be considered subject to the availability of appropriate space on the program. A selection of accepted papers will be edited in a proceedings volume published by an international publisher.
Proposals are to be structured as follows:
1. Name and full contact details for all contributing authors.
2. Biography – 100/150 words each author (please do not exceed word limit). The biographical description for each contributing author should include information on her/his field of study, main research interests, and key publications, if any.
ABSTRACT – 150/300 words (please do not exceed word limit) to include the following:
1. Title of paper; relation of the paper to themes/sessions of the conference.
2. An indication of the broad theoretical orientation (where appropriate to the proposal).
3. A description of the forms of original research that the paper will report on and/or a summary of the types of material the paper will discuss.
4. An indication of related work by others (include bibliographic references)
5. Four keywords.
* The abstract must not contain tables / illustrations or footnotes.
* Bibliographical references must be included for any cited work